All right night owls, you know how this goes.
Get ya head right, turn the equipment on and fire up that computer.
The Brooklyn Word (TBW) invited Gibril, one of BK’s hardest working African’s reppin’ Ghana, to the Crown Heights dojo (yes his name is Gibril as well).
A few weeks prior he asked if I wanted to do a remix for his M1 featured track “What You See”. I said it sounded like a dope idea and that I’d check it out which I did. We’ve been talking about linking for years, but things were aligned with both our schedules.
After listening and thinking about it, an idea do something fun sparked in my head. Partly because it creates creative/artistic competition and expression. Not to mention that I’m a very fair warrior who doesn’t mind being in the “sound pit” with all of you dope ass producers that’s catching this contest.
So I told him, “lets open it up to everyone, but i’m still gonna submit” and proceeded to unveil the mini multi-media/brand concept that you now see. I kept it 100, saying I want to be apart of it but I’m completely cool if another producer wins. He got amped, like thats what’s up boom, TBW filmed him a week later.
We discussed his latest project “Gibril & BRC present The Foreigner – JJC (deluxe)” and the plans to expand the remix contest.
GIBRILVILLE & BRC are having a remix contest to the single “WHAT YOU SEE ft M1”.
- Click downward arrow on Soundcloud player to Download the vocal stem/layer here
- Listen to the original track:
- Please Upload your remix to soundcloud/social media with the #whatyouseeremix + #thebrooklynword hashtag.
- Follow Gibrilville on Twitter + Instagram & don’t forget to add us!
The winner will be selected based on talent and production quality.
The winner’s remix will also be featured in the Music video.
DEADLINE: Sunday August 16, 2015 12:00AM EST
- Basically he wants you to go in and flip the track into a dance/club/disco sound banger! Take that advice and roll with it.
Have fun and make sure ya hashtag is correct, rock it out! – The Brooklyn Word